MHA, CMPE, CPHIMS, FACHE
Marc Gelinas brings to The Oncology Group more than 40 years of experience in the health care industry including 17 years in direct consulting for a wide variety of clients. His background includes work with freestanding hospitals, local hospital systems, regional hospital systems, a national hospital alliance, integrated health care systems, physician groups, and managed care organizations.
His cancer program projects include:
- The development of a strategic plan for integrating the oncology services of a 7 hospital integrated health system
- Planning for the development of an alliance between an academic medical center and several community hospitals
- Development of a comprehensive cancer program for a free-standing hospital that included an alliance with a tertiary medical center
- Strategic and program planning for a community hospital joint venture that included merger cancer center facilities and programs
- Implementation and monitoring of projects that were part of the CMS Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP)
He also was responsible for initiating the establishment of a national hospital alliance cancer program development initiative involving standardizing on a single software for cancer registries to improve comparing hospital data and performance.
Mr. Gelinas has written numerous articles for oncology and healthcare management journals such as The Journal of Oncology Management, Cancer Management: Innovations & Issues, and Oncology Issues: The Journal of Cancer Program Management. As a nationally known expert in oncology strategic and business planning and joint venture development/trends, he has spoken at the National Symposium of the American College of Oncology Administrators, National Association of Managed Care Physicians, American Hospital Association, Leadership Conference of the Association of Community Cancer Centers, ACCC’s Economic Conference, Society for Radiation Oncology Administrators, and the National Association for Healthcare Quality.