Increased scrutiny by Medicare and private payers is challenging oncology care providers to improve access, appropriateness and care coordination while spending healthcare dollars effectively. The shift from traditional fee-for-service payment systems to provider compensation based on value and quality will have a dramatic effect on many practices and health systems. Medicare and private payers are exploring innovative compensation measures to support quality and maintain value. Keeping abreast of these measures and ways to effectively deal with ongoing changes is vital—and The Oncology Group can help.
Experts at The Oncology Group will work with you and your staff to provide a range of Managed Care Contracting Services:
- Reviewing existing payer agreements and their impact on your oncology program
- Educating providers on critical success factors under value-based purchasing, bundled payment and other contracts with elements of financial risk
- Supporting general managed-care negotiating staff to help them understand the uniqueness of oncology services and key elements that should be included in payer agreements
- Developing plans of action to enable success under Medicare's new Oncology Care Model
- Responding to alternative payment arrangements proposed by payers, including understanding their impact on program operations
- Negotiating payer agreements that provide appropriate reimbursement and support for quality and access
- Designing strategies to improve care, lower costs and succeed under value-based reimbursement
If you haven’t already begun, it’s a good time to start preparing for these value- and quality-based payment systems. The Oncology Group’s team brings up-to-date, practical experience to help you improve, succeed and expand your practice in this ever-changing environment.